The Contents Collaboration process
Updated 3 months ago
Currently, Contents Collaboration only supports the following image types: JPG, PNG, TIF, BMP, GIF.
Depending on your insurance carrier's specific workflows, this process may differ for your claim.
- Report your property loss to your insurance company, making sure to include your email address as part of your contact information.
- Your insurance company assigns your claim to a claim representative.
- Your claim representative emails you an invitation to Contents Collaboration.
- Click the link in the invitation and create your Contents Collaboration account.
- Build a loss inventory. Include any supporting images you have.
Loss inventory table column descriptions
- Item description is the description of the damaged item.
- Brand or manufacturer is the person or company that produced the damaged item.
- Model number is the manufacturer-assigned model number of the damaged item.
- Qty lost is the number of items identified in the Item description column that were damaged.
- Item age is the age of the item that was damaged or lost.
- Cost to replace pre-tax (each) refers to how much it would cost to replace the item that was damaged or lost.
- Condition/use is the condition of the item that was damaged or lost.
- Business use is asking of the damaged or lost item was used for a business.
- Room is the room in which the damaged or lost item was at the time of the loss.
- The paperclip icon provides a way to attach a file. Please note that only the following file types can be attached: JPG, PNG, TIF, BMP, GIF.
- Submit your loss inventory.
- Your claim representative is notified that your loss inventory is ready for review.
- Your claim representative begins pricing items.
If your claim representative needs additional information, they send you an Info Request. When an Info Request has been sent, a new Info Requests tab appears.
- Your claim representative finishes pricing the inventory and completes the claim.
- You receive a notification that you can attach receipts for items you have replaced and a new Receipts tab appears.
When you submit receipts, an email notification is sent to your claim representative.